Sunday, June 27, 2010

Nude

Naked for all the world to see. Eroding away before my very eyes. Autumn cries as I lie dying in Winters' arms. Now is no time to pretend, for life is but a vapor stolen by the hands of Time. There's nothing left to know, nothing more that needs to be said. Why pretend to be a lover, when we're wolves disguised in sheep's clothing? Searching for reassurance, still no insurance for the life to come. Protect me from heartbreak. Even though I pretend not to feel, I feel; In need of something real, of someone true. Between me & you, all I need is you. Slowly beginning to heal as you hold me in your arms. With my head pressed firmly against your chest I find rest as you whisper words of redemption in my ear. Tears come & soon I find myself lost in your eyes. Take me away, this I pray: for one day all I'll have is you to console me as the world grows cold & turns to gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment